Monday, November 28, 2011

Versace for H&M Madness!

I wasn't excited at all about the collaboration since I'm not really a Versace fan. Also, when I looked at the collection it really wasn't my style. But, the leather jacket caught my eye and I really felt that I wanted to have it. So after getting the invites from Al Shaya to attend the Versace for H&M collaboration, I was super excited, and wondering what the VIP invitations would turn out to be.

I arrived by 7:30 and saw a long line already formed at H&M's enterance in Avenues. 

I headed to a sales lady and happily asked where the VIP section was. Not only did I have a VIP invite, I had 3 invites, so I was looking forward to top notch treatment. She pointed to the other side of the line, only to another equally long line! What a shocker. 
So I asked her "What's the diference between the VIP and the other one?" 
She replied, "VIP will enter first followed by the normal crowd."
I asked, "How long after we enter will the normal people enter?"
"20 minutes", she said.

So I waited in line, clueless as to what would happen next.

At 8 the shutter outside H&M started to open up and girls started screaming, and everyone hoarded in; VIP, non VIP, waiting in line or just standing. I. WAS. SHOCKED.

I was very disappointed in the lack of organization since I know as a  fact in both the US & London, these events are managed differently. First of all a few people get to enter together for a certain period of time, and then must leave and let the next batch of people in.

Oh my god the chaos at the store was unbelievable. I just reached the clothing racks to find them completely empty and people were grabbing 5 or more of the same items at a time.

I really applaud the staff because it was so hectic, full of people pushing, screaming, and grabbing. It was truly undescribable. Also, everyone started queing at the store room instead of wating for the racks to fill up. They would just grab the clothes from the sales people as they walked out of the store room.

On the other hand, I got everything I wanted! I got the leather biker jacket, a fur vest, and leggings. They came in funky garment bags.






I really hope Al Shaya plans to organize whatever collaboration is coming up next (Tom Ford?) in a much more civilized manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment