Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My week with Marilyn


Some people might be confused, so lets start with clearing some stuff out. This movie in NOT a biographical film, and that's why its called " My week with Marilyn". 
Now that being said, I walked into the movie theater not knowing what exactly to expect but to my surprise, was absolutely blown away. I was initially very reluctant to accept Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe, one of the most beautiful and glamorous women of all time, but she was extraordinary. The film entire is top-notch. The entire cast is fantastic. Not to forget the set pieces, cars, and costumes all capture that time period incredibly well, too.
This movie showed the character from two aspects; one as the star Marilyn Monroe and second the person without the fame. 
The screenplay manages some keen observations on the nature of celebrity obsession, the art of acting, and depression that people sometimes tend to forget. Personally, I never knew Marilyn had another sad side, rather I always thought of her as the most beautiful woman of her era.

I recommend watching this movie and I would consider it one of the best for this season !

No comments:

Post a Comment