Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Next Big Thing

Finally! It looks like churros will be hitting K-Town. As I was leaving Burj Jassim yesterday, something definitely caught my oeyes.. (excuse the photo quality, taken by blackberry)
Seriously, tears to my eyes!
Churros remind me of dessert in Mexican restaurants in the States, an entire day spent in Disneyland (w/ one or two churros included), walking out of Costco and buying a churro,, basically USA in general.
My friends and I have craved churros numerous times in Kuwait. Some even were going to bring a churros stand for business in Kuwait just so we could eat it.
I even went through a week of churros where I attempted to make them (turns out they’re so easy!). Which reminds me,, I should make some again soon. I made them mini sized just because they’re easier to make.
For those of you who don’t know what churros are, they’re basically donuts. 
They have a long cylinder shape. Basically the same dough as donuts, and also fried. But, they are covered with cinnamon and sugar.  They’re also eaten with chocolate dipping sauce. They’re super tasty! Lets hope Solo Churros hit the spot and have that same great taste of churros from the States.

PS: I wish they sell them soon in the cinema too!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Best news ever :D i'm soooo happy wanasaaaaaa finally churros in kuwait .. 9ejj 9ejj can't wait .. and the best thing is it's near my work place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dalal: Yes we are so excited, too! Lucky you to have it near your office, they might even deliver it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love churros, Im going to be on a churros diet, Im sure :(..

    ReplyDelete
  5. They taste SO GOOD! I don't know why we still don't have it Kuwait

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys!
    Solo Churros the first Spanish sweet shop in Kuwait and Middle East, will open soon and believe me..it is tasty more than the ones u have tasted ever, we will have different sizes and flavors as well as many fillings and garneshing to choose from, we will also operate in 4 coops and the delivery will operate upon launch.
    Like our Facebook page (solo churros) and follow us on twitter (@solochurros) to reserve your place at our free tasting session before the official opening.

    Thank you all and hope you'll enjoy Churros soooon

    ReplyDelete
  7. ....and will be available in CINEMA soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That's great news! Thanks for the info and for passing by the blog.

    ReplyDelete